New Brighton MC sits in the heart of the community, serving Christ and others. We welcome everyone to join us in worship and to become a part of our compassionate, Christ-centered community. Together we are a family of believers seeking to live in God's Word and Will.
NEW BRIGHTON MC
New Brighton First began with small group meetings at private homes throughout the New Brighton area. This growing congregation would organize and construct the First Methodist Episcopal Church in 1837, outgrowing their building three more times until 1903, culminating in the church we meet in today. On June 14th 2023 New Brighton UMC became New Brighton MC as the congregation left the United Methodist Denomination and joined the Global Methodist Denomination.
5TH AVE UMC
5th Ave. UMC has been an integral part of the New Brighton Community for more than 165 years. What started as the Methodist Protestant Mission in 1842 and served as "The Little White Church" for 20 years until being destroyed by a fire. The new building was dedicated on 5th Ave in 1863.
Grace UMC first organized as the Second Methdist Episcopal Church of New Brighton in 1895. Services were first held in the "Grace Mission" on 13th Ave. The growing congregation moved to and remodeled the carriage shop on 3rd Ave, and eventually constructed a larger building, which was dedicated in 1923.